Welcome to Yoyo Tales!

Download our latest ytRO Client and start playing now!
Play now!
Yoyo Bulletin Board
  • New forum theme!
Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

War of Emperium: Setting the Stage!

woe.png

Hello Yoyonians!

Enough time has passed to be able to address the issue that concerns us all: The War of Emperium. I apologize in advance for the time it has taken us to establish the first WoE of the server, because as you know, the current circumstances have not lent themselves well enough to be able to move forward at the pace we used to, but, here we are again looking ahead, catching up and moving forward as much as we can.

Let's talk about War of Emperium and set a date and time for the real war to begin!

Important topics to discuss:

• Date
  • Time
  • Castle

If you think it is necessary to make a beta WoE, we can carry it out to rule out any possibility of bug or error during its course.

Feel free to express your desires and objective thinking.

• Like 2

I suggest the pretty much basic set up you can think of.
Open 1 castle only. Doesn't even matter wich one that would be.. You can rotate it every month or so if you feel like.
Have War of Emperium once a week. So people have something to look forward to.
Do this on saturday about 18:00 GMT. As most people will be available at this time no matter where you live..
it will be morning for America, evening in EU and around midnight in Asia.
Most people will not sleep or have breakfast, lunch, dinner at this time.

(I know there are always exceptional cases.. can't always please everyone unfortunately)

• Like 1

I would suggest doing one beta woe (reset straight after its finished) to test for bugs, errors and it will give a good impression to check how many players we would be and if its enough with one castle or we might need two. Regarding time, as above, around 6GTM is not bad time but I would do it on a Sunday.

In my honest opinion, a beta WoE to check out and nobody will keep the castle after that. A compensation prize for winning guild or even every player in that beta WoE (dude, we're spending consumables there) would do great. Obviously, winner guild gets a better prize.

I don't want to sound ominous or negative, but I've seen countless servers die for a failed first WoE, so if this one is labelled as beta, nobody will complain.

As for dates, times & castles, I've never been able to find any combination that suits everybody but if server's population reaches >200 unique users I'd try opening more than 1 castle at once. These can be random.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

100% Run a beta woe.
I think 6 GTM is a good time. Saturday is fine but Sunday may be better.
In the beta lets try 1 castle, though I think the server can handle 2..

I think Hohenschwangau (Al de) or Fadhgridh (Prontera) would be 2 good castles to try out.

TLDR:

Date: 4/11 or 4/12
Time: 6 PM GTM or 2 PM EST
Castle: Hohenschwangau or Fadhgridh

Edited by Clipse

Posted (edited)

Hi ! we are Loading Guild  in the name of all our guild +25 active players i suggest this things

Beta Woe: we dont care really we suggest to start the woes in at least 2 weeks, 1 month max to be fully functional

Castle: Kriemhild Ideally but any castle its ok for us. 1 Castle is ok for now 

Time: This is a very important matter, we understand this is an international server and time is always an issue 18:00 GMT is NOT  a good option for us. That would be like 1:00 PM local time in almost all of our countries and since most of us have familys and responsabilities having woe in the middle of the day is not ideal. 

This might not be an issue for some players but for almost all of our guild it is.... 

For us it would be good to do it Saturday Night time Server time 19:00hrs, 20:00 hrs, 21:00 hrs, any time from there until midnight. In GMT time would be from 00:00 to 05:00 hrs

of course this is a suggestion and we are open to discuss any option that would benefit everybody. 

Edited by Sandia
  • Like 3

On 4/6/2020 at 1:21 PM, Clipse said:

Date: 4/11 or 4/12
Time: 6 PM GTM or 2 PM EST
Castle: Hohenschwangau or Fadhgridh

Could be fine, nice woe time, but maybe we need some time to prepare it.

What do u think if woe will begin next week?

4/19 Sunday.

Server time: 13:00/14:00 or 14:00/15:00

The reason i suggested saturdays is because most people don't work during the weekends.

By that i mean.. if you do it on sundays.. people will have to work the next day. Wich will make it impossible for those who will have woe around midnight.

And why i suggested 6pm GMT is simply because that would be the best time globally that people could play during the weekend.

Morning in America, afternoon/evening in EU and not too deep at night for Asia

"Let's talk about War of Emperium and set a date and time for the real war to begin!"

Nice discussion @YoYo . No response or feedback. Just as expected

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, Sandia said:

Time: 18:00 GMT is NOT  a good option for us. That would be like 1:00 PM local time in almost all of our countries and since most of us have familys and responsabilities having woe in the middle of the day is not ideal. 

For us it would be good to do it Saturday Night time Server time 19:00hrs, 20:00 hrs, 21:00 hrs, any time from there until midnight. In GMT time would be from 00:00 to 05:00 hrs

This is not an ideal time for for woe for Europe or Asia, two very large crowds, and not good for us either.

Ideal time for us is also 11AM-3PM EST -5, or 9AM-1PM server hours
Preferably no later 

Edited by Hypo

Posted (edited)

11am would be 7pm europe

Wich would be fine aswell i guess

1 hour later than my suggestion

But it would make it pretty late for Asia...

Edited by KevVv

Bump, let's organize a list of the guilds still interested in participating in woe 

•Tip